Monday, February 23, 2009

Keep these two dog noses together!


We received this email (excerpted below) from a woman pleaing for help in keeping her two Labradors together in a good home. Please read this story of these two healthy dogs that are losing their home and family. It's such a sad consequence of our changing economy that families can be broken apart, when they are what brings us most comfort in times like these. Hopefully one of you lovely readers has an innovative way to help this family. We're going to be thinking about it over here.

--Gracy

From the email we received:

"They were raised together and pine without each other. The Lab rescue have already said that they would probably separate them, so this is my last resort. Both doggies are in great health, have been spayed and have ID chips implanted under the skin.

Cookie turned 3 December 10th and Cookie is my mellow-yellow, and just loves her tummy rubbed. Coco is adorably funny and lives for her "ball". She also loves the water. Cookie loves lots of attention. Both doggies are loyal and love to walk. They have been raised with my 3 kids running around all over the place, and have survived Sammy's constant hugging and love of 'dress-up', so they are fantastic family dogs.

This is by far one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make, but under the circumstances I have no choice. Please, Please forward these pics to all you know and help me find a great home for these fabulous doggies. They are just adorable and it's heartbreaking to let them go. In a perfect world, I hope that we could find someone local so that we can still keep in touch and visit them. I pray that someone somewhere can help us keep Cookie and Coco together, and love them just as much as we do. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Desperate to find loving home.

Already housebroken, trained, love kids, neutered, up to date on shots. But must stay together!

Contact: Katherine at: kjmorris74@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Jim Poor said...

Hi, I forwarded this on to a few lists I belong to and got the following back:

[quote]This email has been going around for at least a month. I have gotten this email from friends in DC, as well as friends in Charlottesville. You can't get in touch with anyone regarding the dogs. It has not made snopes and I'm sure it was real to begin with, but like so much on the internet, it's probably been circulating for some time.

Cheers,

Kim

[/quote]

Hopefully the situation has been resolved, but if it hasn't then the contact means are broken.