Friday, June 26, 2009

I <3 Dingo!

Kirk and Dingo--a match made by animal rescue.


I met up with Dingo and her owner Kirk last week at the Capitol building.  I grew up in DC and have since been living here for the last year, yet I still find it hard to make it to see the sites. It was a really beautiful, sunny morning and Kirk and I had fun coming up with new places to pose Dingo. She would sit for a few minutes, let me take the shot, and then get up when she was ready to move on. If I was falling back to take pictures, she would stop and want to wait for me which melted my heart.  She's sweet and has a lot of presence, and I can totally see why Kirk loves her so much (and why his thoughtful girlfriend Katie thought to surprise him with a Houndstooth session for his birthday). 

Also, do you all know that today is "Take Your Pet to Work Day"? Did anyone do it? If you did, send me pictures and I'll post them on the blog. 

No comments: